Option RIVER_RAMP

Hello everyone,

I’m currently attempting to simulate a real case under specific climatology conditions. My scenario involves a river inlet with an average flow rate of 5000 m3/s, and the climatology condition for this river is its annual cycle. However, I’m encountering an issue where the velocity exceeds in the cell adjacent to the river inlet.

I’ve noticed that in the analytical.F subroutine, there’s an option called RIVER_RAMP. How can I define this option? I already have PSOURCE, PSOURCE_NCFILE, and PSOURCE_NCFILE_TS defined. Is there anything else I need to define, and where exactly can I define RIVER_RAMP?

Thank you.

Hello,
I you are using only PSOURCE (without Netcdf file) RIVER_RAMP is set automatically.
When adding PSOURCE_NCFILE you have to activate it in the cppdefs_dev.h file.
So first copy the cppdefs_dev.h from your compile directory in your working directory, then edit it and change the following lines

#if defined PSOURCE_NCFILE
#define PSOURCE
#define ANA_PSOURCE
#undef RIVER_RAMP
#endif

by

#if defined PSOURCE_NCFILE
#define PSOURCE
#define ANA_PSOURCE
#define RIVER_RAMP
#endif

By default it’s a one day ramp, but you can customise it in the analytical.F routine.

Cheers,

Matthieu

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve already defined RIVER_RAMP in ccpdefs.h, but when I run the model, it doesn’t appear to be defined in the outputs of the croco.log file. I’ve attached the croco.log file for reference:
croco_log.txt (15.9 KB)

Additionally, I’ve been attempting to modify the analytical.F file located within the Compile folder in the execution directory of my model, but I’m not seeing any changes reflected.

I’m using CROCO version 1.3.1.

Thank you.

you have to change the cppdefs_dev.h and not ccppdefs.h
From your run directory :

cp Compile/cppdefs_dev.h .
vi cppdefs_dev.h

Define RIVER_RAMP in PSOURCE_NCFILE section.