Psource_ncfile number of sources?

Hi again!
I have another question related to psource,

currently I have 2 similar simulations, one is forced with constant river discharge (distributed in 6 points) in Rio de la Plata mouth; and the other is forced with daily river discharges (in the exact same IJ point as the other simulation).

The simulation forced with constant discharges runs oK and I can perfectly distinguish the 6 point sources.

However the simulation forced with variable discharges blows up after 10 months of simulation. It seems like it only takes one of the discharge points (located in the exact point where it blows up), I don’t know if it takes only one discharge point or if somehow it superposes the volume from the 6 points in only one of them.

Does someone know why could this be happening? (Both simulations are identical in every other aspect)

Many thanks!
Camila

Hi Camilla,

Are you sure you have the same location for the rivers in case of constant versus variable (in netcdf files) runoff.
could you show us your croco.in ?
Did you use the bug fixes I mentionned for the river, I think so ?

Gildas

HI Gildas, Many thanks for your answer. Yes I added the bug fixes as you mentioned, thanks.

The sources location is the same in both run yes.

I am attaching the croco.in file that I am using for the variable runoff simulation.
I only set the river location in the croco.in file, not in the netcdf, should I put the IJ values also in the netcdf file?

I f so, how does the model manage it? Does it asign each location the discharge volume set in Qbar directly, or does it divides the volume in the number of sources it has?

Many thanks for your answer!
Camilacroco_inter.in