Problems downloading CFSR information

Hello dear friends,

I try to follow the steps to run interannual simulations. I follow the steps described in section 9.4 of the guide, to obtain CFSR and OGCM forcings. After doing start, when I do make_CFSR, I get the following error:

make_CFSR
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/ctorresm/CROCO/croco_tools/CROCO_FILES/’: File exists

Read in the grid /home/ctorresm/CROCO/croco_tools/CROCO_FILES/croco_grd.nc

NetCDF file not opened: /home/ctorresm/CROCO/croco_tools/DATA/CFSR_Benguela_LR/Land_cover_1land_2sea.nc

Use this land file :/home/ctorresm/CROCO/croco_tools/DATA/CFSR_Benguela_LR/Land_cover_1land_2sea.nc
Brace indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in make_CFSR (line 108)
lon1=nc{‘lon’}(:);

I have created a DATA folder, but I don’t know what information should go there, because I work with the croco_tools and DATASETS_CROCOTOOLS files and I can’t find the CFSR_Benguela_LR folder nor the Land_cover_1land_2sea.nc file.

I would greatly appreciate your support and guidance to solve this problem.

Best regards,
César.

Hello, I would like to ask you if you have solved this problem? Where can I find the Land_cover_1land_2sea.nc file?

Hello,

No, I did not find the solution. Apparently the link where the code downloads the data was down (see “download_CFSR.m” file in Aforc_CFSR). Although I didn’t try much more for using CFSR. I have been working with ERA5 instead. Maybe you can try with ERA5.

Regards,

Cesar,

Hi Dear Cesar,
Thank you very much for your previous response which helped me resolve my doubts. I want to ask another question. Have you ever faced a situation where you do not get the croco_clm file when running make_clim?
Regards,
yxli

Sorry, I’m new to croco and unable to set the reply format well.

Dear Yxli,

Not really, because I don’t work with clm, I use make_bry instead.
Although it seems obvious, check the CROCO_files_dir (check where the generated file is being saved) and that you have makeclim=1 defined in crocotools_param.

saludos,
César.

Sorry, it seems I’m not good at using the forum either,…
Regarding your question. Not really, because I don’t work with clm, I use make_bry instead.
Although it seems obvious, check the CROCO_files_dir (make sure you know where the generated file is being saved) and that you have makeclim=1

Thank you very much for your reply. And I would like to ask another question. Have you ever encountered any issues related to MPI? I followed the user manual to set the path, but there were errors, like the post I shared. https://forum.croco-ocean.org/question/974/jobcomp-mpif90/

Dear Cesar, I noticed that you used make_bry, did you use make_frc or make_bulk in the previous step? When I used make_bulk, it will report an error. And may I ask your email address?

i answer you below…

Hi, some errors I have experienced in the compilation had to do with the version of gfortran. I recommend using version 9 if you are going to compile with AGRIF in a desktop, although that may not be the case you mention. I guess you define MPI because you will be using a cluster, in that case better use intel compiler or ifort, which I understand there is a free version. well, these are just a few ideas.

About make_bulk, yes, it is true, recently I have had problems when I wanted to use it. Although I have not tried to see what the error is, because I use other codes for boundary and surface data.
I guess the order is:

make_grid

make_forcing/make_bulk

make_bry

make_ini

Although it is obvious, try to have the following well defined in crocotools_param:

makeini = 1; % initial data

makeclim = 0; % climatological data (for boundaries and nudging layers)

makebry = 1; % lateral boundary data

makefrc = 0; % 1: create forcing files

makeblk = 1; % 1: create bulk files

My email is torresc736@gmail.com

Hi, some errors I have experienced in the compilation had to do with the version of gfortran. I recommend using version 9 if you are going to compile with AGRIF in a desktop, although that may not be the case you mention. I guess you define MPI because you will be using a cluster, in that case better use intel compiler or ifort, which I understand there is a free version. well, these are just a few ideas.

About make_bulk, yes, it is true, recently I have had problems when I wanted to use it. Although I have not tried to see what the error is, because I use other codes for boundary and surface data. I guess the order is:

make_grid

make_forcing/make_bulk

make_bry

make_ini

Although it is obvious, try to have the following well defined in crocotools_param:

makeini = 1; % initial data

makeclim = 0; % climatological data (for boundaries and nudging layers)

makebry = 1; % lateral boundary data

makefrc = 0; % 1: create forcing files

makeblk = 1; % 1: create bulk files

Best regards,
César.