PISCES atmospheric dust (iron) forcing

Hi All,

I understand from the proprietary make_dust matlab file in crocotools that the dust data comes from the IRI/LDEO Climate Data Library (Atlas of Surface Marine Data 1994)

here

and here

This data provides for climatological input of atmospheric dust.

I am surprised to see that there is no obvious dataset at the above url corresponding to atmospheric dust deposition. I was hoping upon interrogation of the website to find a way to access an underlying daily/monthly dataset that would have been used to generate the climatology, thus allowing interannual variations to be covered in my PISCES model.
I am wondering however about the possibility of daily/monthly reanalysis atmospheric dust deposition, instead of climatology?

Do PISCES users know of a different source for atmospheric dust deposition that is resolved to daily or monthly timescale over the long-term?

Looking forward to hearing back from the community

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

No idea about the origin of that dataset but regarding

I am wondering however about the possibility of daily/monthly reanalysis atmospheric dust deposition, instead of climatology?

If you find a useful interanual dataset, it is possible to use if in PISCES if you define the correct dust_time variable in croco_frcbio.nc