(Interannual Simulation) ERROR: Abnormal termination: netCDF INPUT

Hi everyone, I’m running an interannual simulation with ERA5 and GLORYS12 through OpenMP. The first month ends without problems, but the second month throws the following error.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

GET_BULK - ERROR: requested time record 747 exeeds the last available
record 746 in forcing NetCDF file: /scratch
TDAYS = 1127. last available BULK_TIME = 1127.

MAIN - number of records written into history file(s): 5
number of records written into restart file(s): 1
number of records written into averages file(s): 4

ERROR: Abnormal termination: netCDF INPUT

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I see that the error is related to time records saved in CROCO_FILES/croco_blk_ERA5_Y1993M02.nc, but i don’t understand why blow up because february naturally have fewer records than january. So could be a configuration error in croco_inter.in, run_croco_inter.bash or another file?. Can you help me to review these files?

Thanks !

cppdefs.h
croco_inter.in
crocotools_param.m
run_croco_inter.bash
croco_Y1993M01.out.m
croco_Y1993M02.out.m

Hi,

This is not a blow up (extreme velocity at some grid point). 

It basically says that it is looking for information in the BRY file for a time step beyond what is in there.

run_croco_inter.bash should have taken care of that. It should expect a February with 28 days since 1993 is not a leap year.

Can you post the croco.in of that month?

Hi,

This is not a blow up (extreme velocity at some grid point). 

It basically says that it is looking for information in the BRY file for a time step beyond what is in there.

run_croco_inter.bash should have taken care of that. It should expect a February with 28 days since 1993 is not a leap year.

Can you post the croco.in of that month?

Hi Andres, thanks for the return, there goes the file
croco_Y1993M02_inter.in

Hi Andres, thanks for the return, there goes the file
croco_Y1993M02_inter.in

Something is not being calculated correctly, this

Southern Benguela Interannual Run

time_stepping: NTIMES dt[sec] NDTFAST NINFO
7200 250 60 1

is for 20.8333 days

and this is for Y1993M1, a January.

/scratch/11652307/CROCOsgl/SEB/Run/CROCO_FILES/croco_blk_ERA5_Y1993M01.nc

Check the script you are using, modify it if neccesary

Hi, I have the same issue as yours. Have you managed to solve the problem?

Best regards

Thank you Andrés!.. I resovled it.

Hi James, finally the problem was in the preprocessing of the BLK and BRY forcing files… I modified the “itolap” parameter in crocotools_param.m for both selected databases, make_ERA5 and make_OGCM_mercator… I changed the overlap from 1 to 3 (before and after) and now it run very well.

Thank you.

Hi, I have the same issue. I would like to ask if “itolap_era5 = 2” in the file needs to be modified?

Best regards