How to run a simulation with different forcing and initial conditions?

I am starting ROMS AGRIF and English is not my native language.
I want to run a simulation with different forcing and initial conditions (other databases,for example the atmospheric reanalysis JRA-55) than the ones given in the Benguela’s example.
How I make this? What script should be modified?.
Is there a package to prepare the input data?

Thank you.

If you’re using CROCO_TOOLS, you may need to make modifications to the scripts (e.g. make_forcing, make_ini) to use different products as your boundary conditions. I am not familiar with JRA-55 but as long as the products you are using are available as regularly gridded netcdfs, the modifications required are probably minor (you will probably need to change some of the variable names and the routines dealing with missing values may need some checking). I’ve used ERA-I, ERA5, CMIP and CMEMS products as boundary conditions in the past and they were generally fairly painless to import with CROCO_TOOLS.

Could I know the procedures when you use CMEMS products as initial and boundary conditions.

Hello everyone! I hope you are good!
I’m interested to change my forcing and initial condition with ERA5 and CMEMS, maybe someone can help me too?

Hi Beaufort, have you some croco_tools to run with CMIP?

Hi, I don’t think this would help because unfortunately (at least with PMIP3, which is the CMIP product I’ve used with CROCO), there is inconsistency between the formatting of different CMIP contributions, so you need to be careful with every set of forcings you use.