How to interpolate several bulk files to subdomains for interannual simulations?

Please, I need your help. I am trying to run interannual CROCO simulations, for several nested domains (AGRIF). The existing guides indicate how to interpolate a single blk or frc file to the subdomains. However, for an interannual simulation with multiple forcing files this creates a lot of problems for me.

I have tried to concatenate the bulk files into one. With this I have been able to interpolate one year’s bulk data for a subdomain, but when the bulk file has more than one year of information the interpolation is not successful.

As for the bry files, I understand that it is not necessary to interpolate because the OBCs of the subdomains will receive them from the “parent” domain during the simulation. However, if I concatenate the bulk files, it seems that I should also do it for the bry files, but here appears the problem of the “unlimited” dimension. I also tried to add the “unlimited” dimension and concatenate, but this has not been favorable.

I think there must be a way, in which the AGRIF routines receives a list of forcing files to do the interpolation to the subdomains. Please, can you tell me how to do the interpolation of several bulk files to the subdomains, and that it is in harmony with the way run_croco_inter.bash reads the bry files?

Thank very much for your attention. I hope to receive your guidance on this matter.

César

Hi César,

The problem with the BLK interpolation might be that you are creating files larger than 2GB and there is a special way do do that in Matlab

As for the BRY files, I don’t think is possible (or easy) to put them together. Do you really need this? What problem does it solve to have one big BRY file?

Andres, thank for your usual support.

The problem of the large file size in matlab has been solved, and thanks to you.
In other words, CROCO allows to create a bulk file for each month which is read by run_croco_inter.bash. If I want to simulate, e.g. 10 years, I will have 120 bulk files and 120 bry files. It is not a problem for the bry files, because it is not necessary to interpolate them with AGRIF.

But, when I do the nesting, with my current knowledge, I can only interpolate a single bulk file for each subdomain.

So I kindly ask you to share with me the strategy/procedure to follow in these cases.

Best regards,
César.

Thanks Andres.
Now I understand that I have been a bit confused with the AGRIF and croco_tools functions.
I notice that in croco_tools I have to create one by one, the bulk files of each month for each subdomain, although maybe there is a way to do it a little more serially :slight_smile: