How should I edit run_real.bash?

Hello,I am trying to couple CROCO and WRF. The following error was encountered while running.

starting wrf task 0 of 2
starting wrf task 1 of 2

MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

How do I set MPI correctly? My MPI is not one of the files. And I have added mpi related the environment variables in my ~/.bashrc. I’ve attached the relevant documents below.

And what does WRF_IN_DIR stand for?

real.log
configure.namelist.wps.txt
run_real.log
run_real.bash
rsl.error.0000.txt
rsl.error.0001.txt
rsl.out.0000.txt
rsl.out.0001.txt
namelist.input.base.complete.txt

Here is the run_wps.bash file that has been successfully run.
run_wps.bash

In your run_real.sh you have commented the source to the environment file in which many environment variables used in the scripts are defined : #source …/myenv_mypath.sh
It is in myenv_mypath.sh that you should have defined directories, and paths.

Documentation and explanation on the coupling tools is available in the CROCO documentation and tutorials page, more specifically for coupling tools here:
https://croco-ocean.gitlabpages.inria.fr/croco_doc/tutos/tutos.16.coupling.advanced.html

Thank you for your advice,but I have added mpi related the environment variables in my ~/.bashrc. And I will try to edit myenv_mypath and re-run.

max_dom and max_cpldom need to be selected as required.

Did it worked? What problem do you face now?

It still doesn’t work with the files provided by CROCO. Can I couple with croco if I use traditional WRF run steps? Finally run with real.exe in exe_coupled?

Regarding WRF you have to run real from the uncoupled WRF compilation.
Then, use the exe_coupled/wrf.exe to run with in coupled mode.
Regarding you other question, you can indeed run a coupled CROCO-WRF run without the provided scripts and tools. In this case you have to edit and prepare by your own all the required files for coupling (notably namcouple).