Error in make _GFS with forecast preprocessing

Hi, everyone.

I hope you stay well.

We are using Croco v2.0.0 for making a forecast configuration of the Golf of Mexico.
Preprocessing is going well, but when we use commands for forecast preprocessing

start
make_forecast

code breaks when GFS process begins.

Download data...
--> NB: if you receive this message during download :
  " syntax error, unexpected WORD_WORD, expecting SCAN_ATTR or SCAN_DATASET or SCAN_ERROR ..."
  " you maybe reach the rate limit authorized, there is a ban on your IP due to an “Over Rate Limit” violation, try to wait more than 10 minutes before to do it again

mkdir: no se puede crear el directorio «/home/croco/croco/CONFIGS/GOLFO/CROCO_FILES/»: El archivo ya existe

Get GFS data for 30-Apr-2024
Minimum Longitude: -98
Maximum Longitude: -78
Minimum Latitude:  18
Maximum Latitude:  31

Making output data directory /home/croco/croco/CONFIGS/GOLFO/DATA/Forecast/
mkdir: no se puede crear el directorio «/home/croco/croco/CONFIGS/GOLFO/DATA/Forecast/»: El archivo ya existe

fname =

https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/dods/gfs_0p25/gfs20240429/gfs_0p25_00z

PB with loaddap
  GFS : did not find https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/dods/gfs_0p25/gfs20240429/gfs_0p25_00z
Undefined function or variable 'gfs_date0'.

Error in download_GFS (line 96)
      if gfs_date<gfs_date0-8;

Error in make_GFS (line 104)
  download_GFS(today,lonmin,lonmax,latmin,latmax,FRCST_dir,Yorig,it)

Error in make_forecast (line 45)
make_GFS

This problem appeares the first time I run make_forecast in a day. I waited 15 or 20 minutos for run again and shows the same error.

¿How could we solve this problem?

Thank you for your time.

Seems the parameter gfs_date0 is missing.

It used to be in crocotools_param.m but is no longer there.
For now add it and set it = 0

Hi andres

Thank you for your support.

I tried make_GFS routine in other PC and works normally.
I think the IP address from my principal PC has been blocked in the NOAA services system because I ejecuted the routine many times in a short time and I did not know about the restrictions.

In this link are guidelines for a correct use of the National Weather Services from NOAA.

Guidelines for a correct use of the National Weather Services from NOAA