CROCO_WW3 coupling. "ncwa: ERROR file ./rst_tmp.nc not found"

Hi CROCO friends,

I have the following error when trying to compile croco and ww3. To generate the OASIS restart I use a WW3 simulation that I have previously generated. I define it in “mynamelist.sh” as follows:

Files to create oasis restart (leave empty if none). File need to be in *FILES_DIR. Default 1st time step
export oce_rst_file=“”

export atm_rst_file=“”

export wav_rst_file=“ww3.200901.nc”

I have saved the error message in a *.txt which I attach error CROCO_WW3 coupling.txt. I understand that the code tries to process the variables previously simulated by WW3, to create the initial conditions of OASIS. However, looks like the code is looking for a “rst_tmp.nc”. Part of the error message reads as follows:

“ERROR file ./rst_tmp.nc not found. It does not exist on the local filesystem, nor does it match remote filename patterns (e.g., http://foo or foo.bar.edu:file)”

The only clue I have about the error is somehow described in “create_oasis_restart_from_preexisting_output_files.sh”. I’m not sure about who generates the “rst_tmp.nc”.

I appreciate any suggestions or explanations to help me solve this error.

Best regards,
César.

Hi, this file is created by the OASIS_SCRIPT/from_ww3.sh script, see line 151 in the

create_oasis_restart_from_preexisting_output_files.sh

script

for this you need the file from_ww3_tmp.nc, I think

Thank you to raise this issue. There is a correction that needs to be done in the scripts because of the new WW3 version. The SCRIPTS_TOOLBOX/OASIS_SCRIPTS/create_oasis_restart_from_preexisting_output_files.sh has to be updated for the new WW3 version in which Hs variable for ocean model in OASIS is named : WW3__OHS instead of WW3___HS. This will be corrected in the next release. In the meantime, you can correct it in your script directly. This should solve your issue.