Cmems mercator 1

Hello CMEMS has changed their Global Physical Analysis and Forecasting System as you can see in this page

therefore, For Mercator 1/12 forecast
the service id GLOBAL_ANALYSIS_FORECAST_PHY_001_024-TDS is not exists anymore and it has been Atomized to four different files, how we can edit that and let the download_mercator_frcst download the four files and combine them to have access for zos, uo, vo, thetao and so. we used to have one files but now we need 4 files.

Hello Malateibi, this is my “fast and furious” solution for the CMEMS change. This solution modifies the original code of crocotools and uses NCO to append the netcdf files. Of course, many possible solutions exist, but this is my solution.

My solution files of Forecast_tools:

download_mercator_frcst_python.m
write_mercator_frcst.m
crocotools_param.m

Sincerely yours

Efraìn

Thank you EfrainRR,
Actually I did the same thing, download all the four files and merge them using ncks -A --no-abc and changed product_id to product_ids

% motu_url='http://nrt.cmems-du.eu/motu-web/Motu';
% service_id='GLOBAL_ANALYSISFORECAST_PHY_001_024-TDS';
% product_ids = {'cmems_mod_glo_phy_anfc_0.083deg_P1D-m', 'cmems_mod_glo_phy-so_anfc_0.083deg_P1D-m', 'cmems_mod_glo_phy-thetao_anfc_0.083deg_P1D-m', 'cmems_mod_glo_phy-cur_anfc_0.083deg_P1D-m'};

i will try to publish the code or even make a pull request

Thanks guys for this report and the corrections. I used Efrain’s routines and modified them to avoid the need for NCO (see attached files). This will be available on the distributed code soon… Patrick

download_mercator_frcst_python.m

write_mercator_frcst.m

crocotools_param.m

Thanks Patrick , :slight_smile: