Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

Follow up - based on some reading from the documentation, I made the following changes: - used 5th order WENO advection schemes for lateral and vertical advection. - for subgrid turbulence, used the 3D mixing schemes GLS_MIX2017_3D and UV_VIS_SMAGO_3D - Used NBQ, with DIAG_CFL for active diagnosis of the CFL parameters

With these changes, I used a time step dt 10 sec and NDTFAST = 480. The setup ran for over 1300 time steps without any errors. I am gonna run it for more time steps to see what happens. Hopefully, this is will go smoothly.

Anyone familiar with running fine resolution ROMS (~500 m) with variable terrain? Can you confirm if I am using the right preprocessors? Thanks. Sonaljit.

Follow up - based on some reading from the documentation, I made the following changes: - used 5th order WENO advection schemes for lateral and vertical advection. - for subgrid turbulence, used the 3D mixing schemes GLS_MIX2017_3D and UV_VIS_SMAGO_3D - Used NBQ, with DIAG_CFL for active diagnosis of the CFL parameters

With these changes, I used a time step dt 10 sec and NDTFAST = 480. The setup ran for over 1300 time steps without any errors. I am gonna run it for more time steps to see what happens. Hopefully, this is will go smoothly.

Anyone familiar with running fine resolution ROMS (~500 m) with variable terrain? Can you confirm if I am using the right preprocessors?

Thanks. Sonaljit. Sonaljit.